Monday, September 6, 2010

So Busy

I have been here for 4 weeks already & it feels like I just got here.

I have been super busy lately. I've been scheduled for at least 40 hours a week since I've been here, sometimes its an hour or two more, but usually about 40. The past two mornings, I've started work at 6am, which means I had to be up & at the bus stop for a 4:50 bus to work. I've been going to the parks alot lately too, which is awesome, but also very exhausting after having been up since 3:30am.

My online classes started last week. They were pretty easy last week, but I know they won't stay that way. Relating to school, I've decided I'm definitely going to get my A.A. in event management since it's only a few more classes in addition to what I need for hotel management. By having both degrees, I think I'll have a pretty good chance at getting a professional internship at Disney after I finish school.

I went to Hollywood Studios today after work to ride Star Tours one last time. I'm not a huge fan of the ride, but I felt the need to go one it one more time before it closes tomorrow. I'm off this week Wednesday & Thursday, which works out perfectly since the Halloween parade cast preview is Wednesday night. I'm planning to do laundry & work on homework tomorrow after I get off work and hopefully finish up my homework for the week on Wednesday & relax before probably having dinner with a friend & going to the parade.

I talked to one of my managers last week about getting my skills refreshed at Block Party Bash & Fantasmic, so I can pick up shifts at those places again. I do my refresher training on Saturday at Block Party & then work there Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday next week. I then do my retraining at Fantasmic on Thursday night, so if you go to see it next Thursday, I'll be backstage somewhere, making the magic happen.

That's it for now. Now that my classes have started, I don't know if I'll be updating as frequently as before, but I'll definitely try to.

No comments:

Post a Comment