Thursday, April 29, 2010

93 days, 21 hours, & 30 minutes

That's how long it's been since my interview for the Fall 2010 Disney College Program.

I got off the phone half an hour ago with Disney. They were calling to let me know that I have been accepted for merchandise for the fall program!
They asked me if I still want to work at Hollywood Studios since that is where I wanted to work for costuming. I said I would like to work there for merchandise as well & if at all possible, I would like to work at Villains in Vogue.
I realized after hanging up the phone that if I get trained in that store, I get trained in all the stores in that section of the park. That section includes mrchandise for Fantasmic! I would love being able to work at Fant every night again.
They said I should get my email on Monday or Tuesday of next week most likely & that my folder should be getting mailed by Monday.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

D - 48 hours

Less than 48 hours & I'm supposed to have a decision from Disney.
If you've been reading my blog, you might remember how one of the recruiters called me a few weeks ago to see if I could do fall instead of fall advatage & then told me they should have a decision for me in a few days.
Well, that was almost 3 weeks ago, so I called Disney yesterday. I explained the situation to the person who answered the phone, who looked me up in the computer. He asked who I spoke with a few weeks ago & said he would transfer me to one of the actual recruiters. I think he transferred me to Lisa. I explained the conversation I'd had with Kathy to her. She said she would email Kathy to have her call me back today.
Lisa ended up calling me back today. She ws letting me know that she hasn't gotten any new info for me, but she was trying to get ahold of someone. She said that they would call me tomorrow with some "definite info."
Over 13 weeks of waiting & 11 weeks of pending and it's finally looking like I'm actually going to get an answer! After this is all done, I'm planning on sending Lisa a nice thank you email. She has been so helpful with all of this.
Hopefully I'll be able to post a new blog in the next 48 hours saying I've been accepted.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010


They say "a dream is a wish your heart makes," but if that's true, I do, but I don't want the dream I had last night to come true.

It was one of those dreams that seems so real, that when you wake up, you're not sure if it happened or not & try to figure out if it was real or just a dream.

I walked into the living room & saw someone else had brought the mail in. I saw a large envelope from Disney, looked at my dad & said "Why didn't you tell me I got something from Disney instead of just letting it sit here?" I started freaking out before I even opened it because they never send bad news in a big envelope. I opened it & it was a light blue folder. I thought that was strange because Disney doesn't have a program the uses blue folders. (CP=purple, CS=yellow/orange, PI=red) I started reading the letter, looking for the role I would be in. I wasn't finding it, so I sat down since I was still dancing around the room. I really started to read the letter & it said something along the lines of "We're not able to offer you a position in Concierge at the Disneyland Resort in California. We are also not able to offer you a position in hospitality at the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida." I immediately got really confused because I hadn't applied for either of those positions, and the fact that they were rejecting me for both coasts in the same letter. The confusion grew when I started looking through the other papers in the folder and there was one about arriving a few days before new CPs so I could be a group leader because since I had done the program before. I know Disney would never do something like that, which really confused me. The only thing I could think of a group leader for was like my freshmen orientation group at Edgewood, but I couldn't figure out why on earth Disney would set something up like that. I mean, when people get to check in, they are given a schedule of when they have to be at everything & are told how to get to the different places.

Anyways, when I woke up, I immediately ran downstairs to check the mail. No one had brought it yet, but there wasn't anything from Disney for me.

I'm almost positive that the dream means I'll be getting something from Disney soon. I had a dream a few days before I got my folder for my last program & I was working in the pin store at Downtown Disney. It was where I really wanted to work if I got merchandise. I didn't get merchandise, but that's beside the point. I've talked to some of my friends and they had dreams before they got accepted where they were working in different roles from what they got accepted for.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Phone Call of Answers & Possibilities

I got a phone call from recruiting on Thrusday about some things, but I am going to explain what led up to the phone call.

Last Wednesday (a week & a half ago), I emailed recruiting to change around my role check list. This past Wednesday I drove to Kentucky to spend the weekend with my family who lives there. While we were eating lunch on Thursday, my phone started buzzing in my pocket, but I figured it was an email, so I ignored it. After lunch, I checked my phone & I had gotten an email, but I also had a voicemail and a missed call. I listened to the voicemail and it was one of the CP recruiters. She had gotten my email & wanted to talk to me about changing my role check list and possibly my program season. She asked that I call her back and leave a voicemail with when I would be available on Friday for her to call me back and gave me her direct number. (Which is now saved in my phone in case I need to talk to ehr again.)

I got up on Friday to try calling her back before she called me (I had called her with when I was available, but I thought it would be better to try calling her too.) She finally called me back around noon. She wanted to double check that costuming was still my first choice of roles. She also asked if I would be okay with doing the fall program instead of fall advantage if it meant I could work in costuming. I said it would be, but fall advantage was still my first choice of programs. I also told her that I would gladly accept whatevere they offered me. She said she was pretty sure I would be okay with doing fall since there weren't that many positions in costuming and because she knew how much I wanted to be back in costuming. Before hanging up, she told me that they should have a decision for me in the next few days!

I'm not sure if that meant they had a position for me in fall, but they had to make sure that it would be okay with me to do fall, but that's kind of what I'm thinking it meant.
If I end up doing the fall program, I have to try to find a summer job. I want to enjoy my summer if I'm not at Disney. I have worked at the same Girl Scout camp for 4 summers and I'm not really sure that I want to go back. If I don't spend the summer at Disney, I might go back to camp for a few weeks, but I know I don't want to spend the entire summer there.

I'm really hoping to get an email in the next few days. Good luck to everyone else who is still waiting.