Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Dreams...

They say "a dream is a wish your heart makes," but if that's true, I do, but I don't want the dream I had last night to come true.

It was one of those dreams that seems so real, that when you wake up, you're not sure if it happened or not & try to figure out if it was real or just a dream.

I walked into the living room & saw someone else had brought the mail in. I saw a large envelope from Disney, looked at my dad & said "Why didn't you tell me I got something from Disney instead of just letting it sit here?" I started freaking out before I even opened it because they never send bad news in a big envelope. I opened it & it was a light blue folder. I thought that was strange because Disney doesn't have a program the uses blue folders. (CP=purple, CS=yellow/orange, PI=red) I started reading the letter, looking for the role I would be in. I wasn't finding it, so I sat down since I was still dancing around the room. I really started to read the letter & it said something along the lines of "We're not able to offer you a position in Concierge at the Disneyland Resort in California. We are also not able to offer you a position in hospitality at the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida." I immediately got really confused because I hadn't applied for either of those positions, and the fact that they were rejecting me for both coasts in the same letter. The confusion grew when I started looking through the other papers in the folder and there was one about arriving a few days before new CPs so I could be a group leader because since I had done the program before. I know Disney would never do something like that, which really confused me. The only thing I could think of a group leader for was like my freshmen orientation group at Edgewood, but I couldn't figure out why on earth Disney would set something up like that. I mean, when people get to check in, they are given a schedule of when they have to be at everything & are told how to get to the different places.

Anyways, when I woke up, I immediately ran downstairs to check the mail. No one had brought it yet, but there wasn't anything from Disney for me.

I'm almost positive that the dream means I'll be getting something from Disney soon. I had a dream a few days before I got my folder for my last program & I was working in the pin store at Downtown Disney. It was where I really wanted to work if I got merchandise. I didn't get merchandise, but that's beside the point. I've talked to some of my friends and they had dreams before they got accepted where they were working in different roles from what they got accepted for.

No comments:

Post a Comment