Monday, August 2, 2010

Last Post Until DIsney!!!

This is going to be my last post before I leave for Disney. I'm leaving Friday morning, sometime between 2 & 5am. My parents are driving me down, so we're just gonna leave whenever my dad gets up & wants to leave. The plan is to get to at least Nashville the first day, but we're gonna try for Chattanooga or Atlanta, so the second day isn't that long. I should be getting to Disney sometime Saturday afternoon or early evening.

As I said in my last post, I'm almost all packed. There are a few things I can't pack until the last minute, but it shouldn't be a big deal to pack them. I'm glad everyone found my packing blog so helpful. Feel free to use the list to help yourself out.

I'm going to see Wicked on Wednesday night & I can't wait! I have wanted to see it for over a year since one of my friends always played the music, which got me hooked on it.

My parents are going to go to Tampa on Sunday to visit some family, but said I can stay back at Disney so I can go to the meet & greet dinner at Pop Century that night. I'm looking for people to spend the day with, so if you're gonna be there that day & wanna hang out, let me know. Either comment on here or send me a message on Facebook.

I have found out where exactly I'm going to be working. I knew I was going to be at Hollywood Studios, but wasn't sure where exactly, since there are like 12 places for costuming there. My schedule was finally posted on the Hub yesterday. I'm going to be working at TSMGO, or The Show Must Go On, which is the character room there. I am working there 3 days the week I check in, including two 6am shifts, one of which is the day after I check in. I'm guessing I'll have a few days of training there & then be trained somewhere else, since CPs at Studios are rarely trained in only one location.

Since I have an early shift the day after I check in, I probably won't post another blog until after I get off work that day. Since my roommates won't have their IDs to get in the parks yet, we're probably just gonna hang out unless I decide to use my main gate to get them into the park.


I have property orientation at Studios the Friday of the week I check in. It's only a 4 hour shift, which is basically a walking tour of the park. I already know the park like the back of my hand, so it won't be that bad. After I'm done with that, I'm gonna try to meet up with one of my friends for lunch, so I'll be taking a change of clothes with me so I don't have to go back to the apartment, just to go back to one of the parks.

That's pretty much it for now. I can't wait till I'm there & get to know everyone.

1 comment: